It’s been a week since my last post and I have made a lot of progress, but still don’t have a final answer on the loan. With that being said, I heard from the underwriter this morning at the SBA and he asked me some questions. I’ve been told that the goal is to finalize the package for review on Monday and presentation to the loan committee on Wednesday. Hopefully that will really happen.
Other updates from this week include:
– Meeting with the health department supervisor. She was very nice and gave me lots of good information.
– Meeting both of my restaurant consultants this past week. Both gave me very valuable advice.
– Researching all of the things I need to do in order to use the almond milk flavors we are creating in my store. In a few weeks, once we are 100% happy with the chocolate and plain base, we will send those out for chemical testing. That takes about a month and once we receive that info, the food scientist that I am working with will be able to figure out all of the nutritional information for all of the flavors. So glad to have him on my team. Then, I need to register the flavors with the CDFA. Then, I need to decide if I want to get certified organic which apparently is only needed if I want to use the official stamp. All of this is a little more costly than I was hoping, but will be so worth it in the end.
– Got one AC quote but need to get one more in order for the property management company to agree to pay for some or all of it. Working on that now. Then we negotiate – oh joy!
Tomorrow morning, I meet with another restaurant designer/engineer to get an estimate on doing the plans and construction. I’ve met with so many and will have to pick one soon. I guess the problem is the ones I think will do the best job and can also do the MEP plans are very expensive so I keep hoping to find someone I really like at the right price.
I think a lot will be determined next week so I guess I should rest up for now.